It’s a beautiful thing to see humans coming together in solidarity, compassion & kindness despite the fear, spreading hope in a time of crisis.
Enjoy these accounts of kindness in action carried out by people in the travel and hospitality industries:
• The Portaferry Hotel in Ireland is delivering free, freshly cooked meals to elderly residents in their local area. All residents have to do is call in before 1:00 pm to get a free dinner delivered to their doorstep.
• Marcus Pearcey who owns The Butcher Bhoy, an Irish pub and hotel in Norwich, has temporarily closed the establishment to the public and is providing free food to the homeless and free stay to NHS workers for at least the next six weeks.
• The Bridge, a luxury B&B in London, is opening their rooms to NHS doctors and nurses to stay for free– just a 20 minute walk from Charing Cross Hospital.
• 42 Apart Hotel in Scunthorpe has opened their accommodation to NHS workers, offering one week of free stay, with longer stays at cost price and no profit for the hotel.
• Numerous hotels throughout the United Kingdom are doing what they can to help those in isolation – from collecting supplies, delivering food, giving rooms for free to people isolating from vulnerable family members, and much more.
It’s inspiring to see and hear accounts of our industry reaching out with initiatives to help where it’s needed. We’ll be sharing stories here every so often. Watch this space to get a little dose of happiness and upliftment.